[gmx-users] Regarding trajectory file
Ravi Kumar Venkatraman
2012-01-18 06:31:45 UTC
Dear All,
I have ran a 10 ns production run for chloranil in 500
methanol solvent box. I want to get the coordinates of solvent and solute
at different time steps from the trajectory file (*.xtc). Can anybody tell
me how to extract the details using VMD or any other viewer.

Thank you in advance

*With Regards,
Ravi Kumar Venkatraman,
IPC Dept., IISc,
Bangalore, INDIA.

+91-9686933963.*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Ravi Kumar Venkatraman
Dear All,
I have ran a 10 ns production run for chloranil in 500
methanol solvent box. I want to get the coordinates of solvent and
solute at different time steps from the trajectory file (*.xtc). Can
anybody tell me how to extract the details using VMD or any other viewer.
You're unlikely to get help for non-GROMACS software on this mailing
list. Check out manual section 7.4 for clues on what GROMACS tools might
help, and then section 8 and appendix D for more details.

Mark
aiswarya pawar
2012-01-18 06:52:56 UTC
You can write this on VMD forum. Anyways you can try by doing this in the
Tcl console-

set sel [atomselect top "solvent"]
$sel get {x y z}

This would give you the coordinates of the solvent, for your purpose you
got to iterate so as to get for each time step.

Aiswarya
SERC Dept, IISc
Bangalore
gmx-users mailing list gmx-users at gromacs.org
Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/**
Support/Mailing_Lists/Search<http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search>before posting!
Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/**Support/Mailing_Lists<http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Or you could use trjconv in a little script to convert the snapshots you
like to .pbd. Use the -b and -e flags to choose the respective time
points.

Also see
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Using_Commands_in_Scripts
for the use trjconv non-interactively.

Good luck.

Post by Rausch, Felix
Or you could use trjconv in a little script to convert the snapshots you
like to .pbd. Use the ?b and ?e flags to choose the respective time points.
Also see
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Using_Commands_in_Scripts
for the use trjconv non-interactively.
Or, more directly, just trjconv -dump.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee
Department of Biochemistry
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080

Mirco Wahab
2012-01-18 12:17:37 UTC
Post by Ravi Kumar Venkatraman
Dear All,
I have ran a 10 ns production run for chloranil in 500 methanol solvent box. I want to get the coordinates of solvent and solute at different time steps from the trajectory file (*.xtc). Can anybody tell me how to extract the details using
In the directory of the xtc file, the (2'nd) command

$> mkdir GRO
$> trjconv -noh -novel -skip 1 -sep -nzero 4 -o GRO/out.gro

will save every single frame of your simulation in
a .gro file into a subdirectory GRO/

If you don't wan't every single frame, use
"-skip 2" in the above option to get every
second frame.

mwa